Oct 29, 2014

What's for dinner - Spaghetti with zucchini, basil pumpkin pesto and tomato salsa


As a breastfeeding mom I need to eat healthy. Cooking only for myself has always been a pain in the neck but when I have somebody to feed it’s enough for me to feel motivated. I’ve always loved cooking for Kamil, mainly because he loves everything I cook, literally, he’s such a sweetheart, even when something is really terrible he’ll go all ‘mmm’ and ‘aaaah’. I love him. Lara hasn’t really tasted my cooking yet but she’s a happy little monkey and being on mama’s milk only diet has served her well. I must say our eating habits are generally way better now. We try to care about what we eat so that first of all we’re all healthy and also because we want Lara to have good eating habits from the start. 

I found this recipe on my new favourite blog the other day, the girl is crazy, she cooks such amazing food that I want to try it all out. And here is what we cooked last night only with a few small changes. It’s no longer gluten free but still very, very tasty and healthy. 


Ingredients:

Spaghetti pasta
2 medium zucchinis
2 ripe tomatoes

For the pesto:
big bunch of fresh basil
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup good quality olive oil
 3tbsp grated parmesan
s&p

For tomato salsa:
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled
2tbsp good quality olive oil
salt

Instructions:

Cook pasta al dente. Julianne zucchinis until you reach the seeds inside. Fry zucchinis on a tbsp of olive oil for max 1 minute, set aside. In a blender place roughly chopped basil, roasted pumpkin seeds, minced garlic and parmesan. Blend well and add olive oil, salt and pepper. If it’s too thick add more olive oil or a drop of water. Chop tomatos and mix with olive oil and salt. 

Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and serve with pumpkin seeds, pieces of parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment