May 3, 2011

Cranberry heaven



I know some of you are enjoying the sun right now which I must admit drives me crazy since I lost track weather it’s day or night here in Cracow. It’s been raining for a few days now but the weather today just went overboard. It literally is almost as dark as if it was after dusk which makes everybody feel and look like zombies. My parents paid us a visit today and some time after their arrival we all needed a  solid nap. Now it’s been 3 hours and I’m the only one awake. It’s so quiet here.
We woke up rather early today and since it’s so cold and gloomy outside we needed something to cheer us up…and well, as usual it’s a muffin day. This time we baked regular muffins with cranberries and chocolate icing. at least I had something to treat my parents with.

Here’s what we needed.

300gr all purpose flour
1tbsp baking soda
1tbsp baking powder
125gr butter, melted, cooled down
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup cranberry
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs

You’ll need two bowls. Mix all the dry ingredients in one and wet in the other (whisk the eggs, add melted butter and milk) Mix the two mixtures together rather quickly. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or cups. Bake 25mins in 190degrees.

For the icing I used white chocolate with a handfull of chocolate chips. Bon apetite!

















No comments:

Post a Comment