Sep 7, 2011

Moroccan chicken tagine

…or at least that’s what it was meant to be. I ran out of every second ingredient. I changed the original recipe from Chef at Home and I was forced to make the dish even simpler. Well, I wouldn’t be sharing it with you if it wasn’t worth it. The vegetarian version with chickpeas would also be delicious.


FOR THE SPICE MIX:


1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp sweet pepper
1 tbsp cardamon
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp  curry
1 tbsp fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic

pinch of cayenne pepper
3 tsp olive oil

Mix everything and marinate the chicken

 FOR THE TAGINE:

                            
 4 x chicken drumsticks
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup dates, pitted
3 x onions, sliced
3 tbsp peanut butter
Salt and pepper
1 cup orange juice
1 cup water

Put all the ingredients in a bigger pot, pour juice and water just to cover the  mix and simmer slowly for about an hour. Serve with fresh corriander and rice.









So, what have I run out of? Apricots, which I replaced with carrots, fresh ginger, dates, onions…pretty much the most important ingredients…somehow, it really was delicious, believe me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment