Jun 22, 2013

Watermelon slushie aka summer life saver


We celebrated the official beginning of summer yesterday. It was gorgeous. I truly love summer but the heat and lack of air we all experienced yesterday was unbearable at times.  I also thought the first day of summer is a great reason to go on a girls night out (I may be getting old, I need a reason to go out, it's just terrible). Anyway, we had a real blast. We tried all possible summer fruit drinks and Pear Bellini and rasbperry shots stole our hearts. We had some good food at shared lots of laughs. 
Back to the slushie then. It really saved us yesterday. The morning heat made it impossible to eat  regular breakfast so we decided to freshen up with something super cold. I froze a handful of watermelon cubes the night before so it was super quick and simple to make. We experienced a bit of brain freeze but geez, it was worth it.  So here it is.  






 Hope you all have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment