Sep 5, 2013

What's for dessert?


Here is another gluten free and delicious treat that we made last weekend. I feel much better when we eat sweets that are wheat and sugar free. The truth is it is so much more fun to cook and bake things that are actually healthy. It really makes me so proud of myself and ok, let’s be honest, I feel less guilty wolfing down another piece of pie. I was inspired to make these tartlets by this beautiful blog - Roost
You can find the crust recipe there. The filling was my very own ivention and it turned out pretty delicious, too. I’m a big fan of almond crust and I really recommend replacing any kind of sweet or savoury crust with this one. 

So here is what you need:

Tartlets (makes 5)

1,5 cup almond meal
pinch of salt
0,5 tsp nutmeg
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp honey
1/4 ghee or butter (room temp)

Cream

250gr ricotta cheese
1tbsp honey
zest of 1 lime
optionally 50gr of melted white chocolate

What to do

Combine all the ingredients for the crust and form a crumbly dough, I usually use my hands to do it. 
Press equal amounts of dough into 4-5 greased tartlet pans. Place in oven for 15 minutes (170C).
Remove from the oven, cool down. It works best if you refrigerate them for 30mins. It helps to remove them from the pans. You can skip this part if you want to eat straight from the pans like we did. Spoon the filling into each tart shell and top with seasonal berries. Pour some melted chocolate on top. Voila!












No comments:

Post a Comment