Apr 21, 2011

Mazurek

I just can’t stop thinking about it. I still have some work before Easter but how I wish I had a few days off so I can bake my delicious Mazurek among other things of course…like spring cleaning and stuff. Anywho, Mazurek is a kind of cake, baked traditionally in Poland for Easter, it’s also relatively easy.
The crust is simple, and as soon as you take it out of the oven and it cools down, you can decorate it with whatever you like. We generally use kind of fudge filling which you can find ready made or make it yourself from scratch. All you need is a can of sweet condensed milk, boiled for 2 hours (do not open it). It will turn into this absolutely heavenly, delicious and velvety filling which you can now spread onto your prebaked pastry. Now, simply decorate it with anything you like as long as it’s edible, looks nice and relates to Easter…and doesn’t brake your teeth!


Here’s a simple recipe for the crust:
- 2 cups (250gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 butter or margerine
- tablespoon of thick cream
- 2 egg yalks


Mix eggs and sugar together until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients. Using a rolling pin flatten the dough quite thinly. Place into the baking tin. Prick the crust with a fork. Bake approx. 15 mins in 180 degrees.


I usually add lemon zest to the dough, it makes it even more irresistible. 


And here’s what I’m baking tomorrow… can’t wait :)


















I will show off with my achievement later on.

I wish everyone a fabulous rest of the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment