Jul 16, 2011

Makher Taukari - fish curry from Bangladesh


A few days ago we were watching a tv program where a guy travels all around the world, trying out different food. Last episode was from Bangladesh and he made this absolute killer meal. I didn’t jot it down so the recipe below is my own interpretation of the original one. The ingredients are more or less the same but I changed the combination of spices and it turned out to be one of the best meals we have ever cooked. It’s simple, it’s quick, it’s a one pot dish and the taste…mmm, I think that is what Asia tastes like.

Ingredients:
6-8 small potatoes, boiled and sliced
1 big onion
1 zucchini or aubergine
300gr fish, I used cod. cut in small pieces and fried on a spoon of oil.
basmati rice
300ml water

Spices (1 big tsp of each)
ginger
cumin
sweet pepper
curcuma
I also used some curry-corriander-curcuma mix but I’m sure garam masala will also do the job.
fresh corriander (not in the pics as we run out of it)
3 cloves of garlic, grated

Preparation
Start with frying the cod, put aside. Stir fry the onions (3 mins), potatoes and zucchini. add all the spices and stir fry for another 5 mins. Now add the fish and cover everything with water.

Serve with rice and sprinkle generously with chopped corriander.

ENJOY!!






No comments:

Post a Comment