Jul 4, 2011

Tortilla Española


 This is one of the meals I remember from my visit to Mallorca almost ten years ago. It was one of the coolest holidays ever. I went there with the family I used to work with as an au-pair. Oh, what a lovely memory this is. The children are all grown up now but we still keep in touch, this is so cool. And…well, I still remember the taste of this tortilla which used to be followed by a glass od freshly squeezed orange juice. Mmm…I will always reminisce about that.

For the tortilla you’ll need:
3 eggs
3 potatoes, cut into cubes and boiled
zucchini or any vegetable you want, I chose cauliflower
parsley (I ran out of it this time)
ham
1 onion
salt & pepper

Fry the onion and ham, add potatoes, cauliflower, parsley, salt & pepper. 
After approx. 5-10 mins add pour in 3 beaten eggs and fry until the bottom is cooked. Now cover it with the lid or put in the oven for a short while until the top feels set.

This recipe is good when you have some leftovers in your fridge. Really, I think any vegetable will do. Peas, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment