Jul 18, 2013

What's for dinner - Sweet Corn Soup


This is officially one of the best soups I have eaten. I don't want to brag about it but I did not follow any recipe for this one. It's my very first, original soup. Classics like tomato or cucumber soups don't count so I'm particularly proud of this one. And, because I'm not in the best mood today I really didn't feel like spending more time than necessary preparing dinner. So, all you need is: 

3 corn on the cob
1 potato, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
0,75 ml vegetable stock (I used dried veggies and boiling water, do not use stock cubes, boiling water will do)
salt & pepper
olive oil or butter
1 heaping tbsp sour cream
herbs and spices of your choice:
I used:
1tsp thyme
1/4 tsp turmeric for colour
1/4 tsp lemon grass powder

What to do:
Heat the oil and fry the onions, add chopped potato and grated garlic. Fry until potato softens slightly. 
Add the corn, stock and all the herbs/spices. Cook on low heat for 30mins. Blend well and add cream, season to taste. 
Serve with fresh herbs (basil, coriander, parsley or chives) or toasts. 

Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. try making something similar with fresh peas, either soup or even better risotto, you'll be amazed :-)

    ReplyDelete