Aug 6, 2013

Baba Ghanoush Spread



It seems that my love for eastern flavours has no end. Apart from 1,5kg of hummus I made the other day (5 different kinds to be precise) I decided to try and make baba ghanoush. I fell in love with it some time ago in an israeli resto bar.  It’s really simple and delicious. I’ve become a little crazy and most ingredients in products from a shop scare me off so making my own bread spread and other snacks has become my recent hobby.


Here is what you do:

Pierce the skins of 1 large aubergine with a fork then bake for 25mins until the flesh is very soft add 4 cloves of garlic and bake for 8mins only. Scrape the flesh from the aubergine and mix with cloves of garlic, the lemon juice, 2 heaped tbsp of tahini paste and 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment