Oct 27, 2014

Vegan pumpkin pancakes


Believe it or not these babies were a total improvisation when I opened the fridge this morning and there was almost nothing inside, except for pumpkin which I had baked yesterday and a carton of rice milk. Fortunately google can help you with everything so with a cup of coffee I sat down searching for breakfast ideas including pumpkin. Last time I made pancakes I promised I’d never do them again (burnt pan, stink etc., etc.) but since we literally had nothing else to eat we decided to give it another try. They were vegan because not a single egg was to be found anywhere near the kitchen and to my surprise you really don’t need eggs in your pancakes. Honey which we used instead of maple syrup isn’t very vegan but you can skip it.  So here is what you need for super delicious vegan pumpkin american style breakfast pancakes. 

1 cup flour
1tbsp potato flour
1 cup rice or soy milk
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1tsp apple cider vinegar
1,5tsp sugar
3tbsp pumpkin puree
cinnamon (optional)
1tbsp coconut or regular oil

Sieve all the ingredients until smooth and fry until golden on both sides. I didn’t use any oil for frying but feel free to do so. 

Serve with maple syrup or honey and jam.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment