Mar 14, 2011

The easiest soup ever

Hi there. As I promised, today I’m introducing the 15 minute soup. If you like indian/maroccan flavours, this is just for you, plus, like I said above, this is the easiest soup I’ve ever made. It literally takes 15 mins tops.
I really don’t remember where I got the recipe from but I’m really grateful for it :)
Here is the recipe:

What you need:

0,5 litre water
1 cup red lentils (green take far too long to boil)
1 onion
3-5 cloves of garlic
1 tbs cuppry powder
1 spoon tomato puree
1 stock cube
salt & pepper




Bring water to the boil adding 1 stock cube. Add a cup pf lentils. Chop 1 onion and fry it until brown on a drop of olive oil. Add into the pot when lentils are soft (after approx. 10mins).



Cut a few cloves of garlic into thin slices and put straight into the pot.  

Stir in a table spoon of curry powder, you may add more if you like it spicy or a pinch of chilli powder if you are a fan of extreme sensations.  

You may also add a tablespoon of tomato puree to make it milder (optional). I sometimes add a spoon of sugar to make it sweeter. 





The soup is now ready. Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment