Nov 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pie



As much as I like pumpkin, I am happy it's only once a year that we eat it. Within a couple of days we ate I guess at least a few. Last week at a party we tried pumpkin muffins, pumpkin soup which we had once again last weekend and pumpkin ice cream, which I am particularly proud of. Not only did I make ice cream from scratch but I also used an unusual fruit...or is it a veggie? I have no idea. But the absolut number one was my pumpkin pie. I know this doesn't sound too modest but almost everyone was surprised with how tasty it was. Unfortunately, while peeling, chopping, blending and wiping the pumpkin puree off my ceiling, I completely forgot about taking more pictures. 


Pumpkin pie recipe

Crust:
200gr all purpose flour
2,3 egg yolks
100gr cold butter
50gr sugar
2 tbs sour cream
lemon zest

Mix all the ingredients together and toss to form dough, pressing together into a ball as quickly as you can, put it to the freezer for a while. While you prepare the filling, take out the crust and roll it out onto a baking tin. Prick the crust with a fork. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake it for about 15 mins. 




Filling:
2kg pumpkin puree 
(put chopped and cleaned pumpkin into a large saucepan and add 2tsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp sugar, cook until soft)

3/4 cup powdered sugar
100 ml heavy cream
2 tbsp potatoe starch
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
0,5 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp orange of lemon zest
pinch of salt

When pumpkin cools down, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended. 

Pour on top of the crust and bake for approx. 35-45 mins. 





No comments:

Post a Comment