Nov 17, 2011

The Son of Man



"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see, but it is impossible. Humans hide their secrets too well …” - Rene Magritte

I’m not much of an art critic. I enjoy beautiful and interesting art when I see it. I try to interpret it on my own and not rely on general opinions. Still, I don’t really know what it is about this painting that attracts my attention. I never even heard of Rene Magritte before seeing the 1999 version of “The Thomas Crown Affair”. The painting The Son of Man played a huge part in it which made me wonder who’s is it and what is the story behind it.  Since then I noticed that the bowler hat man with an apple on his face is rather popular and used in various places and different variations.

The Son of Man - Rene Magritte

Pierce Brosnan as Thomas Crown in a bowler hat



 
I sooo want this Macbook sticker!

My iPhone sticker case


Son of Man + Mario = WIN


No comments:

Post a Comment