Dec 14, 2011

Chilli con carne

 ...and terrible photos for which I apologize. It was dark and my hands were shaking. I was in a hurry yesterday so everything had to be extra quick.


What you need:
0,5 kg beef
2 medium sized onions
2,3 peppers
1 chilli pepper
3 cloves garlic
100ml red wine
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of tomatoes
1 tbs tomato puree
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs ground! caraway (kminek)
1 tbs sweet pepper
salt
1 tbsp sugar

First of all, believe me caraway makes this dish reaaallly special even if you hate it. Trust me and use a whole spoonfull. 
Start with frying 2 chopped onions, add minced meat and fry for approx 4mins. Now add diced peppers, spices, herbs, garlic, chilli, puree, wine, sugar, salt and tomatoes. Remember to season with salt at the end of cooking, this way the meat will stay tender. 
In the meantime, heat up tortillas or make them yourselves. I prefer the second option. 

For crepes/tortillas you need:
1 egg
0,5 cup water
0,5 cup milk
1 cup corn flour
You can also use regular flour. 
s&p

Serve with a spoonful of sour cream. 

ENJOY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment